Gayatri Teerth, Shanti Kunj Ashram, Haridwar
All World Gayatri Pariwar
Shantikunj Ashram lies in the lap (valley) of Ganges (the holiest river of India personified as a female deity). Being situated on the foothills it is under the shadow of the mighty Himalayas (like father protecting his child). The place is strongly charged with spiritual energy generated by penance of the most celebrated seven rishis (seers) of ancient times. The sacredness of Shantikunj has been further enhanced by a high order of ascetic exercises and rituals (including Yagyas, meditation and continuous chanting of Gayatri Mantra) being carried out by millions of devotees round the year. Hence the seeker perceives here a unique celestial protection and ethereal environment surcharged with spiritual energy. These are a few reasons amongst many other because of which the divinity may well have understandably considered this locality suitable for taking up the Herculean crusadem for establishing a new world order in the third millennium. A believer can without much effort perceive the charge of spirituality within a short period of stay at this place.
Shantikunj Haridwar was founded by the
Saint-Scholar-Philosopher par excellence, Pandit
Shriram Sharma Acharya, who in his youth was
also a freedom fighter.
Shantikunj has emerged over the
years as a unique center and fountain-head of a global
movement of Yug Nirman Yojana (Movement for the
Reconstruction of the Era) for moral as well as spiritual
regeneration in the light of very old Indian heritage. It
is the head-quarter of Yug Nirman Yojna of the
All World Gayatri Pariwar (or Akhil Bhartiya Gayatri Pariwar), which has a following of more
than twenty million devoted disciples and seventy
million persons all over the world.
Shantikunj Ashram Haridwar is the fountain head of cultural, ethical, spiritual awakening & national integration. Through the Seer-Vision of the Yugrishi the founder organiser and patron who was born on 20th September 1911 in the village Anwalkhera, Agra, (U.P.) India. Shantikunj Ashram India has grown into unique fountain head of moral, ethical and spiritual awakening of the masses in India carrying the seer-vision of Acharyashri with the messege of love, peace, understanding and unity-in-diversity to all corners of the globe. The gist of Gurudev's messege is the lightening up of human consciousness to a higher and nobler realm of light, love and life instincts with divine harmony and joy. Reverred Mata Bhagvati Devi Sharma (worshipped as the emanation of mother Durga by the Gayatri Pariwar) has been the foremost collaboration and discipline of Gurudev. She contributed the most in giving concrete shape to the ideals and dreams of her soul-mate. The smooth working of this vast organization is based on voluntary contribution of fifty paisa, one handful of grain and one hour daily of mission work by millions of its devotees.
Shantikunj Ashram Haridwar is devoted to cultural, ethical, moral and spiritual awakening and national integration. Development of divinity in mankind is the foremost goal and avowed objective. Pledged for national peace, prosperity, amity, love, goodwill and fraternity irrespective of region, religion, faith, caste, creed, sect etc., Shanti Kunj is a unique abode true to its name. Visitors who stay here are glued to the Ashram, when they visit and view its peace & fraternal treatment. The courteous ovation and pleasing treatment add glory to the solemn attraction and the visitor wishes to come here again for accomodation.
Expansion of national unity, amity and brotherhood and extinction of ignorance, jealousy, hatred and strife from globe are being attempted by popularizing Gayatri Mantra, Yagya and Sanskar, the adoption of which invokes celestial thoughts and inspires for divine deeds. The divinity may be seen firmly fixed in every activity of this holy shrine.
Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya
Another noteworthy contribution of unparalleled and unsurpassed significance is the establishment of a university of its own kind of the world with the avowed objective of imparting global education on scientific spirituality and life style. These form the base of human transformation and result in the development of Divine manners, charming habits, noble character, captivating sweet behaviour and elegant qualities which may enable the human race to shun its ego, selfishness and material greed and develop rational thought and compassion for all animate & inanimate world.
With a view to revive past glorious civilization, inducing noble sanskars, patriotism, national unity, amity and brotherhood irrespective of region, religion, caste, creed, sect etc., Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya has been developed on the pattern of Takshshila and Nalanda, the two glorious universities of ancient times with four faculties in the initial stage viz. Sadhna, Shiksha, Swasthya and Swavlamban.
If Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan is a fragrant flower grown by the 'Mahatapa' of Pujya gurudev the Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya is the fruit grown out of that flower. The students and faculty of this university are totally committed to work towards the achievement of the objective of BSS.
Network of Shantikunj
Shantikunj has a vast network of about 4000 Shaktipeeths-Pragya Peeths, 25000 Pragya Sansthans & 30000 Swadhyaya Mandals etc., which regularly organise satsang, discourses, inspiring sings, discussions on various problems in their areas to advance the noble cause of the mission. Infact, these serve as local centres of which Shantikunj is the Headquarter.
Achievements of Shantikunj Ashram, Haridwar
Shantikunj has performed gigantic tasks unknown in the history of thousands of years of this country. After the magnificent 1008 Kundli Maha Yagya in 1958, it has performed 24 similar Gayatri Mahayagyas in each of which 2 to 3 lakh persons participated. Besides these 28 Ashvamedha Yagyas were also organised for Global awakening of people in each of which 10 to 15 lakh people took part. Yug Sandhi Mahapurushcharan of 12 years penance was celebrated in two installments. The first Mahapurnahuti was organized in 1995 at the birh place of reverred Gurudev at Anwalkheda, Agra in which 30 to 40 lakh people participated. It was the grandest celebration of the mission, The second Maha Purnahuti was organised at Haridwar in the year 2000 in 5 steps in which almost ten million devotees participated.
Besides the performance of gigantic Yagyas more than 250 Sanskar mahotsavas of magnanimus form were also organised in different parts of the country for the revival of the ancient practice of sanskar in the most elegant manner which turned even the mental plane of hard criminals. They refined themselves and started living a civil life after wards. In this process the organization has proved to be a unique spiritual sanitorium for people of all walks of life of the country and of different parts of world.
Brahmvarchas Research Institute (or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar
Yug Rishi Pt. Shri Ram Sharma Acharya, who founded All World Gayatri Pariwar with its headquarter at Shantikunj was of the defenite view that in this era of materialism, spiritual principles can be accepted by the masses when they are scientifically established by facts, examples and interpretation. Therefore he laid emphasis for the establishment of a research institute of scientific spirituality & Brahmvarchas Research Institute (or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar came into existence.
Situated at a distance of hardly 500-600metres from the main complex of Shantikunj, just on the bank of holy Ganga is a unique institution of its own kind in the world. Dedicated to the noble cause of integration of Science with Spirituality, it conducts fundamental and applied researches in the vast realm of Gaytri Mantra-the eternal source of universal knowledge and cosmic energy, which on liberation during incessant recitation, affects body and mind and exercises beneficial influence on the health. Investigations are made on the influence of the vast realm of spiritual Sadhna, chanting of mantras, incessant recitations, herbal & Ayurvedic medicines on human body, mind and health. Effects of fumes emitted from Yagya of medicinal plants on different human diseases as well as on environmental purification are also investigated to prove the utility of yagya in human welfare and maintenance of ecological balance.
Scientific principles underlying Yagyopathy are being analyzed. Effect of yagya in influencing the physical, etheral and causal bodies is under investigation. Effect of the Yagya environment on the refinement of self and curative action on various diseases is also being investigated to establish Yagyopathy on scientific basis for the treatment of human ailments.
Brahmvarchas Research Institute is the embodiment of the will and vision of the ageless sages/seers engaged in tapsadhana in their non-material bodies of light in the inaccessible Himalayan ranges. It is a unique endeavour initiated and nurtured by Yugrishi reverred Gurudev Pandit Shri Ram Sharma Acharya, the founder of the Global Gayatri Mission at the behest of the immortal sages of the Himalayas including his own Divine
Teacher. The tiny and tender sapling has grown into a sturdy, shady and esoteric fragrantly fructifying tree during the past 25 years. At the time of its establishment the Yugrishi had explained the esoteric significance of this project thus Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan has been established for the revival and rejuvenation of the traditions of ancient sages/seers like Kanad and Atharvan.
The methodology of the modern science which has been confined only to the material realm will now be used to investigate the deeper layers of cosmic consciousness. He had given a hint about this project in Akhand Jyoti (December 1969 issue). Therein he writes: - "The other objective of my future tapasadhana is to highlight and restore the scientific aspect of Spirituality so that the common people could benefit from its practice. The masses got attracted towards Science & Technology because they got concrete psychosomatic benefits from their discoveries and inventions. Today only those things are considered true which pass the test of Scientific methodology; otherwise they are declared false. We have to prove the validity of divinity, prayer, morality and spirituality on the basis of their scientifically proven benefits. We have to give scientific foundation to spirituality. Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan is the concretization of this vision of Gurudev aimed at the integration of Science & Spirituality.
Structure of Brahmvarchas Research Institute
(or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar
The Structure of the Brahmvarchas Research Institute
Situated on the bank of Ganga about half a kilometer from Shantikunj Ashram, Haridwar, the structure of the institute is four fold: -
(i) Temples of twenty four manifestations of Primordial 'Shakti' of Bhagwati Gayatri
(ii) A laboratory complex of Scientific Spirituality
(iii) A reference library
(iv) A group of dedicated seminal thinkers and scientists engaged in in-depth research of psychosomatic and parapsychological domains of human consciousness.
(i) Temples of 24 manifestations of the primordial 'Shakti' of Bhagwati Gayatri
24 types of modes and methods of 'Sadhna' are incorporated in the 24-letters of Gayatri Mahamantra. out of these (1) Adya Shakti, (2) Brahmi, (3) Vaishnavi, (4) Shambhavi, (5) Vedmata, (6) Devmata, (7) Vishwamata, (8) Ritambhara, (9) Mandakini, (10) Ajapa, (11) Riddhi, (12) Siddhi. These 12 divine powers govern 'Vedic Sadhanas'. The remaining 12, namely (1) Savitri, (2) Saraswati, (3) Lakshami, (4) Durga, (5) Kundalini, (6) Pranagni, (7) Bhavani, (8) Bhuvneshwari, (9) Annapoorna, (10) Mahamaya, (11) Payaswani, (12) Tripura govern 'Tantrik Sadhnas' of Gayatri. Gurudev through his intensive 'Sadhana', attained the esoteric and occult knowledge of the divine mysteries of these 24 forms of 'Shakti'. The ground floor of the institute houses temples of these 24 forms of 'Shakti', which were consecrated by Gurudev himself 25 years aback on the auspicious occasion of Gayatri Jayanti, on June 5, 1979. On both sides of each temple, Yantra, Beej Mantra and the mode of invoking that specific 'Mahashakti' as well as the fruits of 'Sadhana' obtained therefrom have been symbolically indicated. Due to the synthesis of the Scientific 'mantra' and 'yantra', all these temples inspire and awaken the urge to learn more about spiritual mysteries.
(ii) Laboratory Complex of Scientific Spirituality
It comprises of three main sections (1) Yagyopathy Lab, (2) Lab for measuring the psychosomatic effects of spiritual 'Sadhnas', and (3) Herbal Research Lab and the accompanying herbal garden of nearly 200 very rare Himalayan medicinal herbs. All the sections of the laboratory are equipped with the state-of-the-art computerized instruments and machines. They include rare instruments for recording the aura and the bio-energy of the body. That is why this laboratory has made its own unique place in our country. It is like a 'Mahateerth' (holy place) for conducting research on different aspects of Scientific Spirituality. Scientists from different parts of the world consider themselves to be fortunate to work here.
(iii) Reference Library
Apart from the literature of major religions of the world e.g. Hinduism, Islam, Zaroasterium, Christanity, Buddhism, Taoism etc., the library houses more than 50,000 volumes on varied other subjects like Astrology, Philosophy, History, Culture, Ayurveda, Modern Medicine and Surgery, Chemistry, Physics, astronomy etc. It contains about 100 encyclopedias on different subjects and several rare manuscripts. The library subscribes to nearly 300 journals of repute.
(iv) The team of Researchers
There are two types of researchers working in the institute. The first one consists of seminal thinkers. They are engaged in research related to the social, political and philosophical aspects of life. the second category consists of scientists. They are investigating Yagya-therapy, herbal medicines and the effect of spiritual 'Sadhanas' on human personality. The number of these highly qualified researchers is about 40.
The unique feature of the team working here is that they are not salaried employees. Rather they are all life-long 'Sadhaks' who have dedicated their lives to the ideals of Pujya Gurudev.
Objectives of Brahmvarchas Research Institute
(or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar
- To discover the mystery of life in its totality in the light of Scientific Spirituality.
- To awaken and develop the latent potentials of individual souls through spiritual experiments.
- To discover and disseminate the science behind Spiritual Sadhnas.
- To investigate the effects of herbal medicines on the human body and mind.
- To research on the effects of Yagyopathy on holisitic health.
Achievements of Brahmvarchas Research Institute
(or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar
On Gayatri Jayanti 2004, this institute has completed 25 years of its adventurous and fruitful existence. During this period under the guidance of Dr.Pranav Pandya, Director of this institute, its achievements have been impressive and encouraging. Some of these are: -
- Publication of Akhand Jyoti magazine in ten languages. This magazine is devoted to the spread of Scientific Spirituality. It has more than one million subscribers.
- Dissemination of literature written by Gurudev amongst the masses and the creation of new relevant literature.
- Guidance of about 40 Ph.D. level research projects related to the life and mission of Gurudev and ancient Indian scriptures.
- Participation of the researchers of the institute in more than 200 national as well as international seminars / conferences.
- Publication of the results of research work carried out in the institute in international journals.
Future Plans of Brahmvarchas Research Institute
(or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar
During the Silver Jubilee Year (2004-2005) of this institute several plans are afoot, the aim of which is to accelartae the process of achieving the set goals. Some of these are as follows: -
- Organize research symposia / seminar / conference at national and international levels.
- Undertake research projects related to finding spiritual solutions to individual, familial, social and other complex problems of human life and provide guidance in these areas.
- Discover the scientific basis of ancient scriptures.
- Manage projects on Hathayoga, Rajyoga, Layayoga and Mantrayoga.
- Research on diseases caused by present day lifestyles and dissemination of the knowledge of their prevention/cure.
- Intensive research on the methods of awakening para-psychic energies lying dormant in human psyche.
- Development of new aspects of Yagya Therapy.
- Accelerating research in Ayurveda.
- Formation of a Research Foundation.
- Organize a grand research festival on 'Scientific Spirituality' every year uptill the Birth Centenary Year (2011-2012) of Param Pujya Gurudev Shri Ram Sharma Acharya.
Invitation to the Intelligentsia | Brahmvarchas Research Institute
(or Brahmvarchas Shodh Sansthan), Haridwar
These plans are only an outline of the future. There are many other tasks that are to be undertaken. But all this will be possible only if the intelligentsia of India is awakened and it comes forward to participate in this divinely inspired effort. The celebration of Silver Jubilee will be fruitful only when we get glad and willing cooperation of the intelligentsia. This is crucial for the success of our future plans. Talent / genius is a valuable gift of God. It is worthwhile only when it is utilized for the highest good of all. We firmly believe that those who emphatically feel the sufferings of human life will definitely come forward. Indeed it is through the glad cooperation of intelligentsia that BSS will succeed in showing a new way and Art of Living in the new century. It is an open invitation and fervent call to all those who are awake, alert and sesitive to the gravity of the human situation overwhelmed by the forces of darkness to come forward and contribute their might towards finding lasting solutions to the ills of humanity by treating them at their roots. Those who feel responsive to this invitation may contact.
Dr. Pranav Pandya
1. A Gold Medalist in MD (Medicine), Dr.Pranav Pandya, qualified for US medical services in 1975. But inspired by his Guru seer-sage Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya, he gave up the lucrative offer and stayed in India for altruistic cause. This was the beginning of a Guru-disciple relationship that asked for more sacrifice and penance before molding him into a global messenger of Indian culture.
2. He gave up his job with BHEL as the in-charge of ICU (Cardiology) and joined the Yug Nirman Mission at Shantikunj as the Director-Brahmvarchas Research Institute in 1978. Under the noble guidance of Acharyaji he laid the foundation of pioneering work in bringing Science and Spirituality together.
3. He is the Director & Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar, Director of Brahm Varchas Research Institute, Chancellor of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidylaya, Editor of Akhand Jyoti magazine and President of Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhan Sansthan.
4. He initiated path-breaking research studies on Ayurveda, Psychology, Yagyopathy and therapeutic benefits of Meditation and Pranayam was carried out. He carried out deep study and research in Indian Scriptures and co-authored many books on Scientific Spirituality during the years 1978 to 1990 in close proximity of acharya ji.
5. More significant phase of his life began in 1990 when Gurudev Pandit Shri Ram Sharma Acharya took Mahasamadhi. This time the world was waiting for his treatise on Scientific Spirituality in the light of Indian Culture. As the global head, he established branches of the 'Gayatri Pariwar' in 80 countries. In continuance of his efforts he has presented sceintific aspect of Indian culture to the Parliament of World's Religions in 1993. He has addressed joint session of House of Lords and House of Commons in UK in February 1992.
6. As a global messenger of Gurudev Shri Ram Sharma Acharya ji's vision of bright future Dr.Pranav Pandya inspired Youths and Talents all over India and abroad to take up the three-fold path of Sadhna (self discipline), Upasana (adoration & adoption of divine values) and Aradhana (selfless service). Under his dynamic leadership the Gayatri Pariwar fraternity has blossomed into a world-wide organization with nearly 90 million followers.
7. As a futurist he is not only optimistic about a bright future for mankind but also has the courage of conviction to go any length to achieve his goals. His untiring efforts manifested into a unique University of Indian Culture. Established in the year 2002 through an ordinance by Uttarakhand Government and recognised by UGC, this university Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya is being developed on the lines of ancient Gurukuls of Nalanda & Takshshila.
8. Dr. Pranav Pandya is a shining example of a holisitic purposeful selfless life lived in the true Vedic spirit.
Conferences, Workshops & Seminars attended by Dr. Pranav Pandya
1. Between 1990 and 2005 undertook extensive tours in India and abroad and organized large-scale programmes to disseminate knowledge about spiritual aspects of Indian culture on a scientific basis. Established branches of the Gayatri Pariwar abroad in USA, Canada, UK, Denmark, Norway, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, South Africa & Kenya etc.
2. Participated in conferences and delievered exclusive lectures at Cambridge University, Oxford University, Harvard University, University of California at Los Angeles and other Universities.
3. Addressed a joint session of the House of Lords and the House of Commons in London in February 1992.
4. In 1994, initiated Watershed Development Scheme, a scheme for harvesting rainwater. This scheme has been extended all over India.
5. Presented scientific aspects of Indian Culture to the World Parliament of Religions held in Chicage (USA) in 1993 and in Cape Town (Republic of South Africa) in 1999.
Accolades and Honours achieved by Dr. Pranav Pandya
1. Honoured by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the world famous American space centre, in 1996 as a distinguished scientist and reformer for worldwide dissemination of Scientific aspects of indian Culture.
2. Conferred the 'Gyan Bharati' award in 1998 by 'Prabhu Premi Sangh' Ambala, Haryana, for distinguished services to the society.
3. Conferred the 'Hindu of the Year' 1999 award by FIA (Federation of Indian Association) for dissemination of Indian culture abroad.
4. Honoured with 'Bhai Shri Hanuman Prasad Rashtraseva Samman' by Bara Bazaar Library Organization of Kolkata in 2001, which carried a cash award of one lakh rupees along with a citation plaque. The whole amount of the award was donated to the Gujrat Earthquake relief fund.
5. He has been honoured with Life Time Achievement Award at the National Symposium on Science of Holistic Living by SEVAGRAM. Vardha.
Contact Details of Shantikunj, Haridwar
Phone: 260602, 260309, 261367 (Country Code:0091) (STD Code: 01334)
Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya
Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya has been
established to meet the pressing need to impart
global education on scientific spirituality and life style with new
thought of ethical, moral and spiritual transformation of youths and
production of specialists, and devoted nationalists. Excellent
character, indomitable courage, firm determination, and intense love
for labor, must be their trait, so that they may carve their own
destiny. They must have respect for elders, love for younger and
compassion for all. Robust faith in own duty rather than right must
form the bedrock for their life phenomena.
embraces the culture of angels and involves human values,
conventions, practices and life style inherited from the sublime
truth adopted by saints, seers and sages of this celestial land.
These values are capable to uplift the mankind to the highest state
Vishwavidyalaya means the university that
serves the human race inhabiting the globe irrespective of
nationality, race, religion, faith, etc. and imparts true knowledge
for the development of divinity and wisdom in mankind which are
essential ingredients for self enlightenment & virtuous
transformation of personality besides meeting material needs of
peace, progress and prosperity.
An Introduction to Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
- A "manmaking" university based on the tennants of Indian Culture as envisaged by Pujya Gurudev Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharyaji, the founder of Shantikunj, Haridwar.
- Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar is situated on the banks of Holy river Ganga and in the lap of sacred Himalayan region in Haripur Kalan village on the border of Haridwar, district Dehradun.
- It is 7km from Haridwar railway station on the way to Dehradun or Rishikesh on Delhi-Nitipass Highway. It has a sprawling campus of 82 acres area.
- Established by the Act of Uttaranchal Government on 11th April, 2002.
- Duly recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Sri Vedmata Gayatri Trust, a charitable spiritual body, headquartered at Shantikunj Haridwar is taking care of all the expenses of the university.
- It is self-financed through people's contribution and not by any grant from the State or the Central Government or UGC.
- It is fully residential with a provision for accommodation for about 750 students.
- The unique concept of Time donation "Samayadan" is behind the functioning of this university. It may be from 3 months to 1 year or more on voluntry basis.
- Only subsistence allowance is accepted by the employee to meet their daily needs and livelihood. However the university provides free boarding & lodging electricity/water and free medical & educational facilities for children.
- The teachers and professors of various universities in India and abroad offer their expertise, guidance and wisdom to the students.
- The university has revived the Vedic ceremony of Gyan Diksha (Invocation) for the new students for the first time in India.
Activities for achieveing excellence, Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
- Spiritual ambience with regular classes on Gita & Meditation.
- Modular training programmes, courses in Indology and extensive research in behavioral and oriental studies.
- Four separate laboratories with modern instruments for Psychotherapy, Yoga Therapy, Yajna Therapy and Ayurveda.
- Organization of Yog Shivir on periodic basis for patients of obesity, hypertension, diabetes, heart ailments and respiratory problems etc. Use of integrated medicine systems and application of Naturopathy, Pranic Healing and Acupressure to cure the diseases.
- Village adoption and Model Village Development programme for ushering in a new social order based upon the vision of Gurudev.
- The students undergo internship programme for three months after the completion of their studies and contribute their time to social development.
Basic Courses offered by Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
Masters Degree Courses
- Clinical Psychology
- Yogic Science & Human Excellence
- Applied Yog & Holistic Health
- Indian Culture and Tourism Management
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Computer Science
- Applied Education
Post Graduation Diploma Courses
- Human Consciousness and Therapy
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- 3D Animation & Visual Effects
- Human Consciousness & Yogic Science
- Applied Yog & Health
- Holistic Health Management
- Rural Management
- Yogic Sciences & Human Consciousness
- Indian Culture
- English Literature
- Yogic Sciences & Human Consciousness
- Computer Application
Research, Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
The university encourages interdisciplinary research in the field of Psychology, Yogic Sciences, Indian Culture, Spiritual Tourism & Mass Communication. Research scholars are also registered in the faculty of Oriental Studies on the topic related to various aspects of Vedic Sciences and its solutions to teh present day problems. The university grants fellowship to research students from its own resources. About 80% research students have been provided with free lodging, boarding, medical facilities & fellowship.
The Psycho-Spiritual & Yagya Therapy, Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
The department of clinical Psychology has Psycho-therapy clinic to treat the patients suffering from psycho-somatic problems. The students get practical training under the guidance of experts. The university also makes arrangements to train the students in supplementary therapies like Yagna Therapy, Pranic Healing, Yog Nidra, Acupressure etc.
The university has another lab under the department of Holistic Health Management which prepares different formulations of herbal medicines to treat patients through Yagya Therapy. The approach of Yagya Therapy is rooted in our Vedic culture. This approach has attracted attention of Medical Practitioners for the treatment of various physical and mental disorders. The results of herbal medicines through Yagya are quite encouraging. The research students are also working on the different psycho-spiritual therapeutic models for various psycho-somatic ailments.
Centre for Distance Education, Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
The centre for Distance Education of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya was established in the year 2008 originally intended to universal value education among the masses across the country. The academic programs of this centre are intended to invoke divinity among mankind and help them to live a holistic life. The programs duly approved by Distance Education Council, New Delhi are offered through dedicated study centres in the main campus and different parts of the Uttarakhand. There are more than 10,000 students on the roll. The Centre for Distance Education offers six programmes including five UG and one PG programmes in Yogic Science which is the most sought after programme.
Convocation, Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
First convocation of the university was held on 8th November, 2004 in which Shri Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, the then Hon'able Vice-President of India conferred the degrees to the postgraduate students in the presence of Shri Sudarshan Agarwal, the then Hon'able Governer of Uttarakhand & Dr. Pranav Pandya, Hon'able Chancellor of the university.
Second Convocation of the university was held on 9th December, 2006 in which Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the then Hon'ble President of India was the Chief Guest. Dr. Pranav Pandya, Hon'able Chancellor of the university conferred the degrees to the students in the presence of Shri Sudarshan Agarwal, the then Hon'ble Governer of Uttarakhand & Pt. Narayan Dutt Tiwari, the then Chief Minister of the Uttarakhand.
Future Endeavors, Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
- Establishing constituent colleges advocating and upholding the fundamental values of Indian Culture.
- Advancing the intellectual, cultural and spiritual welfare of the masses through reviving the Vedic education system.
- Working with other reputed national and international institutions to enrich educational quality and spiritual activities around the globe.
- Maintaining the International standards of ethics and quality in research, teaching and promotion of Indian culture.
- Establishing a Center of Global Research and Documentation.
- Promoting a center of "Life Management".
- Developing a systematic and scientific process of alternate Indian Medicine system with the help of Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yog and Yagya.
- Research & Development Centre on Complimentary Integrative Medicine.
- International Foundation of students from all walks of life for global integrity.
Contact Details (Phone, Web), Dev Sanskriti Vishvavidyalaya, Haridwar, Hardwar
Phone Nos.: (ISD Code: 0091) (STD Code: 01334) 261485, 260723